Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is adapted from www.crock-pot.com. I estimated the number of servings.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet. Brown chicken breasts. Remove and drain.
- Place carrots, celery, and beans in crock. Add chicken breasts.
- Combine salt, pepper, rosemary, and Italian dressing and pour over ingredients in crock. Stir slightly to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
delicious and easy! next time will will use two cans of navy beans. i also used regular italian dressing, not fat free.
I really liked this but my kids didn't therefore the 4 star rating. Instead of chopping up the carrots I used whole mini-carrots. Next time I will add another can of beans too.