Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From http://www.centerformedicalweightloss.com Be sure to use a ripe mango! It's not nearly as good if the mango isn't ripe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 fresh mango, pitted and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, diced finely
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves (mango preserves are preferable, but food.com does not have that in its database, so I said apricot.)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in medium skillet. Add chicken and rosemary, sautéing until just cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Place cooked quinoa in large bowl and add mango, cucumber, and scallions. Add chicken, mixing well.
- Fold in cottage cheese, remaining olive oil, and mango preserves, stirring until thoroughly mixed.