Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you off. Most people have all of these items in their cupboard, and the various steps can be accomplished far ahead and the pizza can be assembled right before dinner. I usually make the toppings the morning I'm making this. If you love roast chicken and potatoes, try this - you'll love it.
Garlic Shallot Butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallots or 1⁄4 cup onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 3⁄4 lb small small red potato, sliced in 1/8 inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon choplped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Grilled Garlic Chicken
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- To make Garlic-Shallot Butter: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallot, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot softens and begins to turn golden brown.
- Add the salt and pepper, the stock and lemon juice.
- Cook until the mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup (toward the end of the reduction reduce the heat to low and stir frequently to prevent scorching).
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Quickly whisk in the remaining butter.
- Set aside.
- To make the potatoes: Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Combien the potatoes with the remaining ingredients and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Transfer the slices to a sheet pan and spread them out in a single layer- do not overlap.
- Discard the leftover marinade- do not pour over the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes for about 45 minutes.
- Some of the slices may need to be flipped over to promote even browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven when they begin to brown.
- Use a steel spatula to remove the potatoes from the pan (so they don't stick) and let them cool to room temperature.
- Do not refrigerate.
- To make the chicken: Combine the garlic, soy, salt and olive oil.
- Marinate the chicken in this mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Grill (or cook on the stovetop) until done, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken, let rest 10 minutes, then cut into cubes and set aside.
- To make the pizza: Preheat the oven to 500°F If using a pizza stone or tiles put them in the oven now.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the garlic shallot butter over the surface.
- Cover the butter with the mozzerella, then the chicken; sprinkle with the rosemary, then the oregano, then layer the potatoes on top.
- Bake the pizza until crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- When done, sprinkle the parsley over top, slice and serve.
I can't say enough good things about this recipe! It does look like a lot of work, but is extrememly easy in practice - marinate the chicken overnight and make the garlic onion butter well in advance, then it's all easy! I used two regular potatoes, peeled, and topped the pizza with some fresh parmesan before baking - mozzarella is so bland I wanted some proper cheese flavour! Only thing to note is that if you're using regular salt rather than kosher to cut it down a bit or it will turn out salty. Great recipe and thanks very much for posting!