Recipe by HeidiSue
This recipe came from my MIL, it is so simple and so delicious. Great for those low carbing. I often double the sauce ingredients, we pour it over the chicken & sides after its done.
Top Review by yedenmatka
I tweeked this a wee bit but only by using garlic instead of garlic juice. I thought it needed salt and pepper but other than that it was superb!!! Also, I live at a very high altitude so I baked it longer. I turned it after about 40 minutes then baked it until the skin was golden and crunchy. An added plus is that DH and I are doing Atkins right now and it's totally legal!!!! Loved this recipe!!!
- 1 lb chicken piece, bone-in skin on (I usually buy all breasts, but you can buy a whole cut up chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic juice (find it in the spice section at the grocery)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat on med-low until butter is melted, stir and set aside.
- Place chicken skin side down in a baking dish (choose a baking dish that the chicken fits in snuggly).
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, baste& bake 30 more minutes or until top is crisp& chicken is cooked through.
- Serve it with Rice& steamed veggies.
- If low-carbing just skip the rice, pour the sauce over the veggies, so good.
- I have made it with boneless skinless breasts, it's still good, we just prefer it this way (be sure and adjust the baking time).
- I have never substituted real garlic for the garlic juice and personally wouldn't, but you can try.
- BUT- If you have never tried garlic juice I highly recommend it, it is different than real garlic, it gives a wonderful flavor!