Recipe by MadCatKim
When I was in grad school (and better at watching my weight!), I got a cookbook called "Great Taste -- Low Fat Chicken" and this is my favorite recipe in it. The rosemary adds a wonderful flavor to this healthy, one-dish meal.
Top Review by AprilShowers
This was very good. I didn't have any sweet potatoes, so I just sliced up some organic white potatoes I had on hand. It was a very flavorful meal all-in-all. I served with steamed organic carrots for a delicious meal!
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 thick slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in pan and arrange the sweet potato slices around the chicken, overlapping them slightly.
- Combine garlic, oil, and spices.
- Spoon over chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes turning sweet potatoes at least once.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn heat up to 500 degrees F.
- Bake sweet potatoes 8 to 10 minutes longer or until they are tender.