Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When I was in grad school (and better at watching my weight!), I got a cookbook called "Great Taste -- Low Fat Chicken" and this is my favorite recipe in it. The rosemary adds a wonderful flavor to this healthy, one-dish meal.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in pan and arrange the sweet potato slices around the chicken, overlapping them slightly.
- Combine garlic, oil, and spices.
- Spoon over chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes turning sweet potatoes at least once.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn heat up to 500 degrees F.
- Bake sweet potatoes 8 to 10 minutes longer or until they are tender.
This was very good. I didn't have any sweet potatoes, so I just sliced up some organic white potatoes I had on hand. It was a very flavorful meal all-in-all. I served with steamed organic carrots for a delicious meal!
The chicken was yummy but the sweet potatoes were tasteless. I too, did not have enough oil spice mix to cover the potatoes and used olive oil on them. I even put them in a baggie with the oil and added a little more rosemary and garlic salt and made sure they were entirely covered. I guess I should have used more, maybe that would have made the difference in taste. Probably will not make the potatoes again, but may do the chicken this way again. Thanks MadCatKim.
What a great recipe! I love garlic and thought this tasted and smelled wonderful. I will add this to my recipe book.