Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, without letting the garlic brown.
- Add chicken and cook, turning, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with rosemary; add wine and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook over low heat, turning once, 30 minutes, until tender.
- To serve, remove chicken to a warm platter. Discard garlic cloves and pour any remaining juices over chicken.
Another 'Zaar winner! This site has the best cooks in the world! Definitely 5 stars. Prepared as written using 10 thighs. Easy, quick, tender, juicy, flavorful.....need I say more?
This was very good! The chicken was juicy and tender! I did change the recipe a bit. I used boneless, skinless breasts. I used 1.5 tablespoons of butter but no oil. Also I didn't use any broth- I just doubled the amount of wine. I will make this again soon.
This was so delicious! The only thing I did differently was use boneless, skinless, chicken breast. My 16 year old brother loved it (he's a very picky eater!) I served this with Brussels sprouts and roasted red potatoes! Thanks for the great recipe!