Recipe by Joe Perez
Rosemary chicken From Buster Drunk One of the best chickens I've ever cooked Rosemary and apple juice make a great oven treat
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) chicken
- 1.5 (12 ounce) cans apple juice (use a Coke can or beer can)
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 tablespoon paprika, for color
- ground red pepper, for heat
- finely chopped garlic
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Kitchen oven with drip pan and beer can holder recommended.
- Wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry. Coat the chicken lightly with oil. Chop the Rosemary very finely — you need three tablespoons. Mix the paprika, red pepper, and rosemary together. Rub on the spice all over. Run your hand down between the chicken and the skin, and put some spice there also. Add a tablespoon of rosemary and a tablespoon of garlic to the can.
- Pre-heat grill to 350°. Put can in holder. Put cavity of chicken down over beer can and press down firmly. Put chicken on grill — balance well. Cook at 350° for 2 hours or until chicken is done — use meat thermometer — DON 'T GUESS! Temp must be at least 180° in breast and thigh.
- IMPORTANT! When done, remove from grill, cover with foil, let sit for 15 minutes.