Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yum! Potatoes, Garlic, Onion and Cheese....what's not to like? From Positive Maturity magazine.
Make and share this Rosemary Cheese-Crusted Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Stir in the potatoes, seasoned salt, pepper, and lemon rind.
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Place half the potato mixture in the casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat with the rest of the potatoes and cheese.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, butter and rosemary; stir well. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mix evenly over the potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until your potatoes are tender (depends on how small you chopped them).
I made this following the recipe 100% except reducing the amount of chese and using dried rosemary. The flavour was great and it came together fast. I will be making this dish again.
I scaled this back for 3 and used Carisma potatoes (a low GI white potatoe) and we thoroughly enjoyed but the only change I would make for personal taste would be to replace the 1 cup of cheddar cheese (for 3 serves) with 3/4 cups of cheddar and a 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese but otherwise even as is we thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you breezermom, made for Went To Market tag game.
Couldn't bring myself to peel the potatoes, & I was generous with the amount of crumbs, but other than those two things, I pretty much followed the recipe & found this side dish wonderfully tasty! Definitely a recipe I'll be keeping around, & am thinking of having these potatoes several times during the end-of-year holiday season! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the Almost 5 Special Event]