Recipe by breezermom
Yum! Potatoes, Garlic, Onion and Cheese....what's not to like? From Positive Maturity magazine.
Top Review by Deantini
I made this following the recipe 100% except reducing the amount of chese and using dried rosemary. The flavour was great and it came together fast. I will be making this dish again.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Stir in the potatoes, seasoned salt, pepper, and lemon rind.
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Place half the potato mixture in the casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat with the rest of the potatoes and cheese.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, butter and rosemary; stir well. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mix evenly over the potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until your potatoes are tender (depends on how small you chopped them).