Recipe by Celeste :)
HINT: If you don't have 1 3/4 cups cake flour, you can replace it with 1 1/2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour mixed with 3 tbsp. cornstartch.
- 1 3⁄4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chilled light butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake flour, whole wheat flour, rosemary, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Using a cheese grater, shred the butter into the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the buttermilk to form a moist dough. Mix in the cheese.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface. Knead lightly and form into a disk with a thickness of 3/4". Cut into 8 wedges.
- Transfer the wedges to the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until puffed and lightly browned. Serve warm.