Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe comes from Bokx 109 at the Hotel Indigo in Newton, Mass.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 226.79 g butter, cubed
- 226.79 g sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 473.19 ml buttermilk
- 29.58 ml double-acting baking powder
- 2 sprig fresh rosemary (chopped)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix by hand until incorporated.
- Transfer to a mixer in small batches and process in short bursts until better is 'cut in." This insures the fat is well dispersed throughout the dough. If you prefer you can also do this step by hand.
- Do not over-mix to avoid chewy biscuits.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Using a small 3/4" ice cream scoop (larger if you prefer larger biscuits), portion out onto a non-stick baking pan (cover pan with parchment and spray with Pam) and bake at 375º for 8 minutes.
Lovely biscuits dojemi. We really enjoyed these fragile, tender, light, rosemary flavored biscuits. The cheese and rosemary blend well together. I made mine larger and cooked for about 20 minutes. Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)