Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice burst of flavor from the herbs..we enjoyed this a lot. Adapted from Quick Cooking originally.
- 2 1⁄4 cups carrots, peeled, thinly sliced into coins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped or 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, snipped or 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine carrots and water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 8-9 minutes, or until the carrots are crisp tender.
- Drain, saving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
- PLace carrots in a serving bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Using the same pan, mix together chives, brown sugar, bouillon granules, rosemary, pepper and the 2 tablespoons reserved cooking liquid and bring to a boil (this will be very short), stirring to dissolve the bouillon.
- Once it boils and all is blended well, pour over the carrots and toss to combine.
Very tasty and easy to make. My kids were even willing to eat more than the one required bite.