Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Curly egg noodles are best for this dish, but you can also use pasta. Penne, gemelli, and rotini ae good choices. From Cuisine.
For Bread Crumb Topping
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (from firm white sandwich bread)
For the Noodles
- 8 ounces dried egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Toast bread crumbs for the topping in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook until golden brown and crisp, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Season crumbs with salt and cayenne to taste; set aside.
- Cook noodles as directed on the package.
- Drain, but do not rinse.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in the same pan that was used to cook the noodles.
- Add the rosemary and cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Do not allow the butter to brown.
- Add drained noodles to the pan and toss to coat with the butter, then transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with Parmesan, sea salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top and serve.
- Makes about 4 cups.
I love this recipe. I have made it twice for now lunch. I did not want to use rosemary, but I did anyhow and it is a wonderful with the cayenne. I used pre-bought italian bread crumbs and they worked well. Thanks for the new flavor.
I made this when I realized at the last moment that I needed to take a potluck dish to a meeting. I found the noodles in the cabinet, did a search, and found this recipe. This is so simple and nice, with things I have in my cabinet. No need to buy the packs with all the chemicals when I can make this!
Bev I give you full marks for an attractive tasty noodle dish hat I thoroughly enjoyed. The Rosemary complimented the cheese. I followed the recipe ingredients but altered the steps abit. Boiled the noodles in the AM did the crumbs, set aside Then did the,butter rosemary step mixed the noodles with the rosemary, put in casserole dish, added the cheese, covered and refrigerated. I kept the crumbs aside. 30 minutes before serving I popped the noodles covered in the oven for about 18 minutes, opened up the casserole topped with the crumbs and gave them a final browning so they crunched & served. Loved it Thanks Bev