Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are especially good served with pasta or soup. Other spices can be substituted for the rosemary, like basil or dill.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 400'.
- In 13X9-inch bakng pan, melt butter in oven (3 to 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients except milk, rosemary and garlic.
- Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth.
- Roll dough into 12X6- inch rectangle; cut into 12 (1-inch) strips.
- Stir rosemary and garlic into melted butter.
- Twist each strip of dough 6 times; dip in herbed butter mixture; place in same pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Very nice breadsticks, and so easy to prepare too. I will make these again. I agree with the other reviewers who suggested adding a little more garlic. The rosemary really came through, but I barely detected any garlic. So I will add a teaspoon of garlic (or maybe garlic powder) to the dough before rolling and cutting into strips. Even so, this is a wonderful recipe that I will make often. Thank you afghanmom.
Very nice breadsticks, I did add additional rosemary, garlic and butter. Next time, I will add some coarse salt also. Quick and very easy to make. Thanks for sharing this tasty treat. Made for Herb of the Month - Rosemary :)
These are so good!! Tasted like breadsticks you would get at a nice restaraunt. We ate these with marinara sauce, although I like them alone. I took Tea Jenny's advice and added cheddar to the dough ( that I mixed in my ABM). Made for herb of the month- rosemary.Thanks for sharing this lil' gem!