Recipe by afghanmom
These are especially good served with pasta or soup. Other spices can be substituted for the rosemary, like basil or dill.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Very nice breadsticks, and so easy to prepare too. I will make these again. I agree with the other reviewers who suggested adding a little more garlic. The rosemary really came through, but I barely detected any garlic. So I will add a teaspoon of garlic (or maybe garlic powder) to the dough before rolling and cutting into strips. Even so, this is a wonderful recipe that I will make often. Thank you afghanmom.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400'.
- In 13X9-inch bakng pan, melt butter in oven (3 to 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients except milk, rosemary and garlic.
- Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth.
- Roll dough into 12X6- inch rectangle; cut into 12 (1-inch) strips.
- Stir rosemary and garlic into melted butter.
- Twist each strip of dough 6 times; dip in herbed butter mixture; place in same pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.