1/1 Photo of Rosemary Breadstick
2 hrs 40 mins
Nothing compares to the aroma of fresh breadsticks before a meal or salad. For vatiety, try this recipe with dirrerent kinds of herbs. This recipe is from the Kosher Palette
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together water, yeast, and sugar in a bowl and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Combine flour, whole wheat flour, rosemary, and salt in a food processor with a plastic dough blade and pulse for 5 seconds.
- 3Stir water and oil into yeast.
- 4With processor running, pour yeast mixture into the flour.
- 5Process until dough forms a ball, adding flour, 1 tbsp at a time if necessary.
- 6Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- 7Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch log. Cut each log into 1 inch pieces. Roll each piece into a long rope. Fold rope in half, twist, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 9Sprinkle breadsticks with cornmeal and let rise for 15 minutes.
- 10Preheat oven to 300.
- 11Combine egg white with pinch of salt.
- 12Brush mixture over breadsticks and sprinkle with salt, sesame seeds, or poppy seeds.
- 13Bake for 30 minutes.
- 14Increase heat to 350 and bake 5 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Breadstick
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g