1/3 Photos of Rosemary Bread
2 hrs 30 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
A "partial" bread-machine recipe. Start in your machine, and finish in the oven, or use a mixer fitted with a dough hook, if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (for bread)
- 1 egg (for bread)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- additional chopped fresh rosemary (for topping)
- beaten egg (for topping)
- 1Place ingredients (except the rosemary and egg used for topping) in the bread machine in the order given.
- 2Use manual cycle to knead bread only.
- 3Turn dough out into an oiled loaf pan (be sure to remove hook), then punch down and spread dough to fill pan.
- 4Allow dough to rise in a warm area until doubled in size, approx 1 hour.
- 5Brush dough with beaten egg, sprinkle with chopped rosemary, and allow to rise again for about 10 more minutes.
- 6Bake bread at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- 7Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Bread
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1443.8
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 1248.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 252.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.6 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 42.7 g