Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, by Morgan Jarrett on relish.com. Let the fresh rosemary speak for itself.
- nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut in small pieces or 4 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper or Silpat liner.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and rosemary.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk; stir just until moist.
- Turn out onto floured surface and dust top of mixture with flour.
- Knead lightly 5 times.
- Roll into a 1-inch thick round. Cut with 2-inch flour-dusted cutter.
- Place close together on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly, but serve warm.