Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the only savory biscotti recipe I have ever found...it is a great accompaniment for any soup. I only use a third of the rosemary called for in the recipe and found it to be enough. I've also added a little poultry seasoning if I'm serving it with chicken soup. Original recipe is from Canadian Living Mag.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cheese, rosemary, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Make a well in the center.
- Whisk eggs with water.
- pour into well.
- Stir to combine.
- On lightly floured surface knead dough until smooth (about 20 times).
- Divide into thirds and roll each third into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake logs in preheated 350F degree oven (180C) for about 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place cut side down on baking sheet and continue cooking for another 30 minutes, turning halfway through.