Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the only savory biscotti recipe I have ever found...it is a great accompaniment for any soup. I only use a third of the rosemary called for in the recipe and found it to be enough. I've also added a little poultry seasoning if I'm serving it with chicken soup. Original recipe is from Canadian Living Mag.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cheese, rosemary, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Make a well in the center.
- Whisk eggs with water.
- pour into well.
- Stir to combine.
- On lightly floured surface knead dough until smooth (about 20 times).
- Divide into thirds and roll each third into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake logs in preheated 350F degree oven (180C) for about 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place cut side down on baking sheet and continue cooking for another 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
Delightful! I used half whole wheat and half white flour and couldn't even tell there was ww in there. I love the way the cheese bubbles up on the top. I'm certain that these will be delicious with a soup...ANY soup (regardless of the herbs/composition) but I'm not sure they will last long enough to find out. Delicate, light, dainty and beautiful to look at. Cooks easily. Easy directions. Perfect for summer and spring meals or a tea party with scones!
This is a wonderful biscotti to have with homemade soup or a cup of broth. If you are ready for a little differrent type of biscotti, I highly recommend this one!