Recipe by ~Nimz~
Some fresh rosemary adds a lot of flavor to this simple festive roast
Top Review by Keolani
This was fantastic. I was very surprised how well the rosemary flavor penetrated the meat by just laying on top like that. I probably did not sear enough because I was worried about burning the garlic but it was wonderful.
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) trimmed and tied center-cut beef tenderloin, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 -6 sprigs fresh rosemary (3-4 inch)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat tenderloin dry, then coat all sides with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Tuck rosemary sprigs under strings on all sides of roast, leaving a few inches between each.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown tenderloin on all sides (but not ends) about 10 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast until thermometer inserted diagonally 2 inches into center of meat registers 120 degrees, 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer beef to a cutting board and let stand 15 minutes.
- Temperature of meat will rise to about 130 degrees.
- Discard string and rosemary sprigs before slicing.