Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Can't remember where this came from but it sounds good to me. Beef base is a thick concentrated paste used like instant beef bouillon. Bouillon can be used but it will be milder tasting.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon beef base
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine butter, onion, beef base, salt, pepper and beef; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low for 9-10 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, cook noodles as directed on package. Add tomatoes and rosemary to beef and mix well. Increase heat to high; cover and cook an additonal 10 minutes. Serve beef over noodles.
It doesn't get much easier than this! I had to make some substitutions as we've been snowed in a few days now & I'm cooking with what I've got on hand. I didn't have any beef base left but did have chicken base so I used that & threw in a teaspoon of beef granules as well. I used roma tomatoes, dried rosemary & had to use bowtie pasta instead of egg noodles, but the result was quick to throw together, smelled wonderful while cooking & was the perfect winter storm comfort food I was looking for. Thanks for sharing, Kerena! We'll be making this again.