Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 16 mins
This is great for a light lunch! Prep time doesnt include time to soak beans overnight.
- 2⁄3 cup dried cannellini beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, to garnish
- 12 slices ciabatta
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Place your beans in a large bowl, cover with water and allow them to soak overnight.
- After soaking, drain and rinse the beans, and then put them in a pan, cover with fresh water, and bring to a boil.
- Boil rapidly for approximately 10 minutes.
- Reduce your heat and allow the beans to simmer for about 1 hour, until tender.
- Drain beans and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in a bowl, cover with boiling water, and leave for 30 seconds.
- Then peel, seed and chop the flesh.
- Heat your oil in a frying pan, add the fresh tomatoes and the sun-dried tomatoes, the garlic and the rosemary.
- Cook for 3 minutes until the tomatoes begin to break down and soften.
- Add the tomato mixture to the beans, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Rub the cut sides of your ciabatta slices with the garlic clove and then toast lightly.
- Spoon your bean mixture on top of the toast and sprinkle with basil and drizzle with olive oil before serving.
- Some like to grate a small amount of fresh parmesan on top.
This was very good. I made several times the recipe for a party and it was a hit. Very easy also pretty healthy!
Wonderful recipe! So easy to make and very tasty! I did use canned beans in an effort to save time....but I dont think this changed the flavor at all! Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful!!! Thanks Love!