Top Review by valleygirl172002
I was definitely hoping for something more... I had a little trouble getting my potatoes to cook thoroughly and had to leave in for an extra 15 minutes. The creamy sauce would be good for something else, but there just wasn't enough flavor for me. I had to use minced garlic instead of cloves, and i doubled the amount of garlic but it was still bland. I think next time I will mix cheese in the sauce, and probably not Parmesan. I was suprised how little you could taste the parmesan. I would definitely try this recipe again but I will definitely have to give it a good tweaking. Really appreciated how creamy and smooth the mixture was tho.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried and crushed rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add the cream.
- Bring to a boil,cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thicked.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the rosemry,garlic,salt, pepper and potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Sprikle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.