WOW sweet with rosemary!!! I can't wait to try this. I always have an abundance of rosemary in my yard. I found this in December 2013 Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Toast caraway seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-high heat, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- 3Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and salt until very light and fluffy. This will take about 7–10 minutes
- 4Reduce speed to low and add flour, caraway, and 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary; mix just to combine. Dough will look shaggy and a little dry (it’s not!).
- 5Press dough into two 8 inch diameter cake pans. Brush with egg, sprinkle with sanding sugar, and top with rosemary leaves.
- 6Bake until shortbread is golden brown and sides pull away from pan, about 20–25 minutes.
- 7Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cool in pan before turning out and cutting into wedges or bars.
- 8DO AHEAD: Shortbread dough can be made 1 month ahead; wrap tightly and freeze. Shortbread can be baked 1 week ahead; store wrapped tightly at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary and Toasted-Caraway Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1674.5
- Calories from Fat 865
- Total Fat 96.1 g
- Saturated Fat 59.3 g
- Cholesterol 337.0 mg
- Sodium 1431.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 185.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 65.1 g
- Protein 20.4 g