1/1 Photo of Rosemary and Red Onion Focaccia
4 hrs 30 mins
Focaccia provides such a tasty and fragrant reminder that great rewards are worth the wait! These crusty little loaves have an aroma that can instantly produce a dozen new friends...holding plates. And the flavor? Savory and delicate, with a punch of herbs in every bite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the warm water and honey into the bowl of your electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Add one package of dry active yeast and swirl around. Allow the yeast to foam for 10 minutes or so.
- 2Then add the cold water, lemon zest, 2 Tb. oil, salt, rosemary and onions. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the flour.
- 3Once all the flour is in the bowl, switch the paddle to the bread hook attachment. “Knead” on low for about 10 minutes.
- 4Pull the dough away from the sides and rub the bowl down with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise for 1 ½ to 2 hours. Remove the plastic wrap and turn the mixer back on for 30 seconds.
- 5Divide the dough into two pieces and press with your fingers into two 9-10 inch round pans. As you press to dough to the edges, don’t be afraid to let your fingers puncture the dough—this will created the bumpy, rustic texture of traditional focaccia.
- 6Cover both pans with a clean, damp towel. Allow the dough to rise again for another 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 400* F.
- 7Before baking use the remaining tablespoon of oil and brush the tops of the loaves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and decorate with thin onion slices, if you like.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the tops are golden-brown. Turn out the bread loaves and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary and Red Onion Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 352.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g