Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been going through some of my old cookbooks, and have bookmarked all the ones that look good. To organize them, I decided to post them! (and then make any changes to the recipes once I have tried them) So, I haven't tried this yet, but I will soon! This breakfast recipe is set to serve 4 people, but it depends on how hungry you are in the morning!
- 8 ounces tiny red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 cup fresh asparagus spear, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- nonstick cooking spray or cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free liquid egg product (Egg Beaters) or 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed finely
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (finely shredded OR grated)
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook potatoes in a small amount of boiling water, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus; cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain, and set the vegetables aside.
- Dry the skillet, and spray it with nonstick cooking spray (or use 1 teaspoon oil).
- Return the vegetables to the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg product, parsley, rosemary, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Then, pour the egg mixture into the skillet over the vegetables.
- Cook over medium heat.
- As mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting the egg mixture to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath.
- Continue cooking and lifting edges until the egg mixture is almost set (surface will be moist).
- Remove skillet from heat, cover, and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes or till top is set.
- Spoon onto plates.
- Top with chopped tomato and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Makes 4 servings.