I had this at a party, last year before Christmas, and spent 2+ hours looking for it...finally found it at the Washington Times website; it is a Bev Bennett recipe, and is nice and different...may be served with Spicy Goat Cheese Spread, or is great stand alone!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter, parmesan and sugar at med. speed in bowl of electric mixer. Scrape down contents.
- Mix together flour, cornmeal, salt and rosemary in a bowl. Add to the creamed mixture, a little at a time.
- Remove dough from bowl and form into a log approximately 9 inches long. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Cut log into slices slightly wider than 1/4 inch. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 13-15 minutes or until shortbread turns faintly brown on top and light brown on bottom. Remove from oven. Cool shortbread on wire rack.
- Makes 32 slices of shortbread. May be wrapped in heavy duty foil and frozen for 1 month. To serve, spread frozen shortbread on a baking sheet. Warm in a 325 degree oven for 5 minutes.