Recipe by threeovens
This recipe couldn't be simpler, yet the results are so packed with delicious flavor.
- 10 lbs cooked ham, bone in
- 1 tablespoon clove
- 1 (15 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, score the ham in a criss-cross pattern, making sure to cut through any fat to barely reach the flesh. (Removal of the skin is optional, I normally leave it).
- Insert a clove at each intersection of your criss-cross pattern.
- Remove the leaves from your rosemary stems and coarsely chop; combine with the marmalade in a small saucepan and warm over low heat.
- Roast ham at 400 degrees F; for 20 minutes; coat ham with half the marmalade mixture, using a brush to spread evenly.
- Roast another 20 minutes; sprea remaining glaze on ham and roast another 20 minutes.
- Cook until browned and glazed to your liking, basting with pan juices (a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes does it for me).