Recipe by Ppaperdoll
A barbecue recipe from Australian Table magazine. The recipe says this is good served with asparagas and green beans. Cooking time does not include marinading time.
- 1⁄2 cup rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 60 ml olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 1 long fresh red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rosemary, garlic and salt in a mortar and pestle and crush well (or combine in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped). Transfer to a non-metal bowl and add oil, chilli and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add chicken to marinade, cover and chill a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- Cook on greased rack over hot coals or gas barbecue grill on high, 10-15 minutes, turning once and basting with marinade every so often.
- For mint dressing, whisk mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, and mint leaves in small bowl until well combined. Serve drizzled over chicken (and accompanying vegetables, if desired).