Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
from chatelaine magazine
- 4 chicken legs with thigh, attached
- 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 red pepper, thickely sliced
- Preheat oven to 375. Remove skin from chicken. Trim and discard excess fat, Squeeze juice from lemon into small bowl. Stir in oil,honey,garlic,salt and pepper. Pour into 9X9 inch baking dish. Place chicken, meaty side up, in dish. Strip leaves from rosemary and evenly sprinkle over chicken. Turn chicken meaty side down. Scatter red pepper overtop.
- Roast,uncovered,in center of preheated oven 30 minutes. Then turn chicken meaty side up.Continue roasting,basting occasion occasionally,until meat feels springy when pressed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken to plates. Arrange pepper strips on top. Pour pan juice into a bowl or measuring cup. Skim off and discard fat. Spoon juice over chicken. Excellent with roasted potatoes and broccoli.