Recipe by sassafrasnanc
Scrumptious and lower fat way to make a super flavorful side potato dish. These are simple to make and do not have butter. Using olive oil and fat free half and half cuts the calories and fat back a lot yet still gives you a full flavored dish. I usually add more of everything as we like strong flavors and lots of salt and pepper at our house so feel free to adjust this recipe to your taste!
- 6 red potatoes, medium sized
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon salt (I use more)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (I use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in water until tender but do not over cook them. Drain water. (It is up to the individual whether you want to peel the potatoes after they cook or not - i do not usually peel red potatoes).
- Keep potatoes warm.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pot and saute garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat add rosemary, the remainder of olive oil and the 1/2 and 1/2.
- Add potatoes, smashing with potato smasher.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat on low heat if needed.
- Serve warm.