1/4 Photos of Rosemary and Garlic Monkey Bread
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
More than just delicious, this savory version of the traditionally sweet pull-apart bread also has a dramatic presentation! Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 1/2 cups unsifted bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package fast rising yeast
- 1 3/4 cups very warm water (120*to 130*)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1In large bowl of heavy-duty electric mixer, combine 2 cups flour, the sugar, and yeast.
- 2Beat water into flour mixture until soft dough forms.
- 3Cover and set aside 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare Crumb Topping (see below).
- 5Lightly grease a 2 1/2-quart souffle dish (casserole dish).
- 6Place oil in small bowl.
- 7Add 3 cups remaining flour, the rosemary,garlic, and salt to the soft dough.
- 8Beat until smooth dough forms.
- 9Turn dough out onto floured surface.
- 10Knead dough, adding remining flour as necessary, until smooth and elastic-about 5 minutes.
- 11Divide dough into 24 pieces.
- 12Dip each dough piece into oil and roll into a ball.
- 13Dip each ball into Crumb Topping and place, crumb side up, in greased dish.
- 14Cover loosely with clean cloth and let rise in warm place until double in size- about 45 minutes.
- 15Heat oven to 350*F.
- 16Tuck tiny rosemary sprigs between dough balls, if desired, and bake 55 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped on top.
- 17Cool on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from dish and cool completely.
- 18To serve, pull balls apart.
- 19Crumb Topping: In cup, combine 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 3 tbls.
- 20wheat germ, 1 tbls.
- 21rosemary leaves, and 1 teaspoons.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary and Garlic Monkey Bread
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.4
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 114.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g