Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was inspired to make it by a dish I had in Italy. If you don't love rosemary, reduce the quantity. It has a strong rosemary flavor because we love it.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 12 red potatoes, sliced thickly
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice up the potatoes thickly.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix spices, oil, and garlic.
- Put the potatoes in the mix and toss/stir until completely coated.
- Line the bottom of a 13 x 9" glass dish with the potatoes.
- Put the chicken in the sauce and coat. Place on top of the potatoes, with a few potatoes on top of each.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, uncovered.
- Baste during the last 15 minutes, if needed.
This tasted good on the potatoes, however the chicken was rather bland. Neither of my kids liked the rosemary, and I thought it was a bit too much. The potatoes crisped up nicely and My DS ate a ton of them. I made this for everyday tag.
I used fresh minced garlic and cut back on the rosemary by about a 1/2 tsp. I am always afraid rosemary may overpower the dish. My chicken was a little dry. I think basting is a must. Made for Everyday is a Holiday 2010.
Wow, 4 of my favorite ingredients, how could I go wrong? I pretty much followed the instructions but used a whole cut up chicken and russet potatoes as that's what I had on hand, I also threw a hand full of diced chives into the mix and a little salt. I covered it with foil the first hour then removed the foil and turned up the heat to brown. Very quick and easy to throw together and throw into the oven. No muss, no fuss. Turned out great and has gone into my "fix again" recipes. Thanks so much for sharing Starrynews, wish I could give it 50 stars