Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great dish for company and like most dishes, is really, really good the next day!
Make and share this Rosemary and Feta Chicken With Bow Tie Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta (bow tie or other)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- While pasta is boiling, cut chicken breasts into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, sauté chicken pieces in the olive oil until cooked through. Add to pasta and mix. Add peppers, garlic and pepper flakes to pan, cook 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add olives, tomatoes, chicken broth, rosemary and a pinch of salt. Bring the mixture just to a boil. While waiting for liquid to boil, sprinkle cheeses over the pasta and chicken. Pour boiling contents of saute pan over the chicken and pasta and toss.
- Toss and top with parmesan.
i did not follow this one completely because i lacked all of the ingredients. i substituted capers for olives, no peppers, no feta. i tried adding the water and cornstarch to thicken but still felt it was a bit runny. next time i will try with the olives and feta. i will also undercook the pasta because mine turned a bit mushy even though i pulled it al dente. i would also use fresh toms instead of canned which my husband does not like. chicken was a bit bland. worth another try.
Yummy!! I followed the recipe except left out the olives, and added capers. Also, someone had mentioned it was soupy, so in the last step before adding the pasta, I mixed some water & cornstarch and stirred it in and let it boil for about a minute to thicken it up a bit. Thanks for sharing!! :O)
Made this last night. It was very tastey. Everyone raved about it. The only problem i had was that it was very soupy. Hopefully the pasta will soak up the extra juices. If not the next time i make this i will cut down on the chicken stock. I did add extra parm and feta. I used garlic & herb feta it's what was on hand. It was a very tastey and easy so it is a keeper. Thanks for posting Chef Dine