Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Niece Sent this recipe to me, I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but she said it was simply delicious - It's on the to-do list and will be made soon!!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (19 ounce) can crushed pineapple (can also add fruit cocktail and grapes)
- 1 1⁄4 cups orzo pasta
- 4 cups Cool Whip Topping (1 large container)
- Drain juice from fruit and combine with first 4 ingredients. Cook 5 minutes until thick.
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Cool all ingredients, and mix together.
This was a nice light dessert but wasn't quite the one I remembered. My ex-sister-in-law used to make a dessert similar to this and it was sooo good. I will make this again but try tweaking it a bit.