Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
At first I wasn't sure I really liked this but after I ate it I wanted more and more. So apparently it grows on you. We have served this with all different kinds of entrees and it seems to be a favorite with everyone.
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Mix corn, onion, bell pepper, cheddar cheese and jalapeño pepper well.
- For the dressing: Mix the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise and pour over the vegetable mixture.
- Mix well and refrigerate for several hours.
Your corn salad did not have to grow on me.I liked it from the first bite.I could have a cookbook of just corn recipes,I like it so much.I did not use a real hot pepper as i like pablanos the best.Thanks for the good recipe Margie.