Prep 1 hr 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recepie is very simple to make. It is perfect when served with mint tea.
- 1 cup slightly salted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon light cream
- 300 g plain flour (all-purpose)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- caster sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 190`C/375`F/Gas 5.line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Soften the flour and mix with the other ingredients to make a firm dough. Mould the dough into an even roll and wrap into waxed paper. Chill until firm enough to slice very thinly . This will take 1hr-1hr30mins.
- Arange the cookies on the prepared baking sheets, alllowing them to spread while baking.Sprinkle with caster sugar and bake for10 mins until edges are a turning brown.