Recipe by Jewelies
This is from a Womans Day cookbook. I haven't allowed for chill time. An Australian cup is 250ml. Soda water is club soda. Garnish with rose petals.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This is a wonderful soda Jewelies. It's flavor is soft and subtle. I loved the combination of lime, mint and rose water. It's a very old world flavor. Its sweet and tart, just perfect. I also omitted the red food coloring, so my version was a pretty soft pink. Thanks for sharing this treasure.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons rose water
- 3 limes, sliced
- 1 cup mint leaf
- 1 1⁄4 liters soda water
- red food coloring (optional)
- ice cube
- rose petal (to garnish)
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill until cold.
- In a large jug, combine the sugar syrup with the rosewater, lime slices and mint.
- Add the soda water and a few drops of food colouring.
- Add ice cubes and stir.