Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from a Womans Day cookbook. I haven't allowed for chill time. An Australian cup is 250ml. Soda water is club soda. Garnish with rose petals.
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill until cold.
- In a large jug, combine the sugar syrup with the rosewater, lime slices and mint.
- Add the soda water and a few drops of food colouring.
- Add ice cubes and stir.
This is a wonderful soda Jewelies. It's flavor is soft and subtle. I loved the combination of lime, mint and rose water. It's a very old world flavor. Its sweet and tart, just perfect. I also omitted the red food coloring, so my version was a pretty soft pink. Thanks for sharing this treasure.
What a wonderful drink! It's sweet and I love everything in it. I simply mixed everything without heating it first as I was using sugar substitute and didn't want to risk any after taste from the heat. Neither did I have red food coloring and used juice instead of lime slices. I'll be making this again as it's so nice to look at with all those mint leaves and probably much more if it's red next time. Thanks for sharing! Tagged for Aus/NZ Make My Recipe #5.
Excellent drink! I never really used rose water before so I didnt know what to expect, but I was very happy with th taste. Made for ZWT 3!