I found this in Bon Appetit and thought it would be a lovely cookie to add to my regulars. Bonus - gluten free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together cardamom and flour. Set aside.
- 2Beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until smooth.
- 3Add egg and rosewater, beat to blend.
- 4On low speed, add dry ingredients. Your dough will be stiff.
- 5Cover and chill at least 6 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 7Roll level tablespoon size balls and place on silpat lined baking sheet about 1.5" apart. Using a fork or something else, flatten to .25" thickness.
- 8Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 9Bake until firm but still pale, about 20 - 25 minutes.
- 10Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 11Time doe not include chill time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose Water Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 18.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: