The first recipe I found that called for rose water was from a Shaker cookbook. It was used as a substitute for vanilla as the recipe called for either or.
- 3 cups fresh rose petals (make sure there are NO pesticides used on rosebushes)
- 1 liter mineral water
- Put 3 large handfuls of petals into the clean pot.
- Pour the water over the rose petals.
- Cover the pot.
- Place it over low heat and let it simmer until half the water is left.
- Let it cool.
- Discard the petals and pour the liquid (rosewater) into the sterile bottle.
- Cap tightly and store in fridge.