1/3 Photos of Rose Water Homemade - Substitute
The first recipe I found that called for rose water was from a Shaker cookbook. It was used as a substitute for vanilla as the recipe called for either or.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups fresh rose petals (make sure there are NO pesticides used on rosebushes)
- 1 liter mineral water
- 1Put 3 large handfuls of petals into the clean pot.
- 2Pour the water over the rose petals.
- 3Cover the pot.
- 4Place it over low heat and let it simmer until half the water is left.
- 5Let it cool.
- 6Discard the petals and pour the liquid (rosewater) into the sterile bottle.
- 7Cap tightly and store in fridge.
Browse Our Top Bizarre Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bizarre Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose Water Homemade - Substitute
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh rose petals