Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this anytime you need to rehydrate your skin. In the summertime I keep a bottle of this mist chilled in the refrigerator. Much less expensive than the HomeHealth brand I've been buying at the natural food stores all these years. Rose water can be found in Middle Eastern/Indian markets, specialty/gourmet/natural food stores and online (the brand I use is Cortas from Lebanon). It is not expensive and a little goes a long way.
- 8 ounces purified water or 8 ounces filtered water
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon rose water (or 1/2-1 teaspoon orange blossom water) or 2 -3 drops rose essential oils (or 1/2-1 teaspoon orange blossom water)
- Combine ingredients in a spray bottle and shake. Note: start by trying 1/2 teaspoon of the rose water and if you want a more pronounced scent, add more. Test spray first to check for skin reaction or sensitivity.
- Close your eyes and spray on face and neck area to rehydrate and refresh!
- Shake well each time before spraying.
This is really lovely. I made it this morning with bottled water and put it in a small spray bottle than makes the finest mist I've ever seen. The rose fragrance is most pleasant and the mist feels so good.
I felt this dried my skin a bit much. I used an Iranian rose water in tap water. I will try this with orange blossom water for a smell I may prefer and see how that is. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.
I was out all day yesterday in the heat and didnt come home till 1am. I was sooo exhausted i took a ice cold shower and decided to try some of this spray out and it really is refreshing and has a great smell from the rose water! Ill definitely keep a bottle of this around. Made for Ramadan Tag.