Recipe by Sascha
I found this recipe in a handwritten recipe collection that I got at a boot sale. Time does not including chilling.
Top Review by BluePumkin
Loved these cookies and my husband and i couldnt stop eating them. I put 3Tablespoons of rosewater as it was very hard to taste it. Even after that amount nobody could tell it had rosewater in it. Not sure if my Rosewater was not the correct type? But loved them either way.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon light cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- sugar, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together until a firm dough forms.
- Form a roll with the mixture and wrap in cling film.
- Chill for at least an hour, then slice thinly.
- Heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cookie sheet with nonstick parchment paper. Arrange cookies so that there is enough space for them to spread.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar and bake for about 10 minutes, or until they are just turning brown on the edges.