Recipe by cookiedog
I just bought a bottle of Rose Water and was happy to find this recipe to use it. From the Boar's Head Inn and Sports Club.
Top Review by ellie_
These are very easy and very good - the perfect recipe to try new cookie cutters out on! I tagged this recipe because I could have sworn I had a bottle of rose water - my bottle was orange flower water which I used to make these cookies and there were delicious - but I will be trying them again using rose water! The only other changes I made was using butter for the shortening and also refrigerating the dough for about 1/2 hour or so before rolling the dough out. The oven timing was perfect - mine cooked in 10 minutes. I made about 3 dozen cookies but I used big and medium-sized cookie cutters. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons rose water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl.
- Add the shortening, eggs, and rose water and mix well.
- Roll the dough out very thinly on a flat surface and cut with a floured cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a 400F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.