- 4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 full tablespoons custard powder (not instant)
- 1 -2 tablespoon rose water
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- ground pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix custard powder with 1/2 cup of milk until smooth.
- Add 3.5 cups of milk, cardamom and sugar into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil on medium heat, stirring frequently as not to scorch.
- Remove milk from heat.
- Add in the custard powder slowly stirring all the time.
- Place milk back onto heat stir constantly until smooth and custard has thickened (+ - 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Add rose water stir well.
- Add whipping cream and mix well.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle with ground pistachios.
- Serve chilled.