Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
There is nothing like having warm bread baking in the oven, to warm your kitchen and your family's heart! Recipe is from my friend Virginia Murphy, owner of Herboretum Farm. (Note: This would probably work just as well with other scented geraniums, such as lemon or apricot).
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dried rose-scented geranium leaves
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup ground almonds
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients together in another bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add wet mixture to dry and continue mixing until blended smooth.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes. Cool on a rack.