Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely summer Sangria from Australian Good taste mag!
- 500 g seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into thin wedges
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 160 ml Licor 43 or 160 ml orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 (750 ml) btls rose wine, chilled
- 1 (1 1/4 liter) btl traditional lemonade, chilled
- Place the watermelon and lime in a large serving jug. Sprinkle with the sugar and pour over the Licor 43. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Add the rose and lemonade to the watermelon mixture and stir until combined. Pour among serving glasses and serve.
This is the third Sangria I've tried on this website because I am on the hunt for the perfect punch offering for my best friend's 50th b-day party. I HAVE FOUND MY WINNER!!! Well I still have to make up a batch to bring over to share around the firepit this weekend but as for me I absolutely love it!!! I am convinced she'll love it as well! I'll just share exactly how I broke this down to test it.
I cut up 1.5 cups of watermelon and diced up a half lime and put it in a small bowl. I sprinkled half a spoonful of sugar over it all and then poured 3 T of Patron Citronge over it all and stirred it up. I let it sit for half an hour and then squeezed all the little lime chunks to get out all the juice. (I bought a 5 L box of Franzia White Zinfandel. I figured I am cutting all these recipes down into more manageable portions for me and my husband to test and then I could have a glass with dinner if I wanted :). Plus it is a very economical approach for a big birthday bash.) Next I used a 4 cup measurer and poured in 1 3/4 cup (400mL) of the White Zin and then poured in 1 1/4 (300mL) cup of Minute Maid pre-made pink lemonade. I did a little taste for sweetness. I added 2 T of sugar and stirred it up. After the 30 minutes were up I added the fruit to the wine and poured myself a glass.
WOW!!! LOVE IT!!! REMINDS ME OF ALL THE SWEET, FRUITY REFRESHING DRINKS YOU GET WHILE ON VACATION IN THE CARIBBEAN!!!! I am just a girl who wanted a sweet, fun, fruity concoction with which to toast my best friend who btw happens to be one of the greatest people I know (HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMSH!!!). This is it. THANK YOU, MANDY!!!