Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Comments: Believe it or not, gourmet rose petals are available for the purpose of cooking and are quite tasty.
- However, confirm that they are pesticide-free when buying or grow the roses yourself.
- They make a romantic garnish for salads, entrées, and desserts.
- Experiment with different fillings.
- Preparations: When purchasing rose petals, make sure they have nice large, clean petals.
- Wash rose petals gently and pat dry thoroughly.
- Prepare 14 rose petals by rolling individually around small pieces of cream cheese.
- Set stuffed petals about 1/4 inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Temper white chocolate according to instructions above.
- Place tempered white chocolate in a parchment cone or small pastry bag with tiny tip.
- Place finger on tip to hold chocolate in until ready to dribble.
- Quickly (before chocolate cools down) dribble white chocolate over the top of all the petals by going back and forth, covering half of each petal top.
- Place in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
- Because rose petals are perishable, they are best eaten within hours after preparation.
- Serve on plates covered with doilies, or serve with your other favorite dessert, which could be you.
- Now light the candles, play some nice music, turn off the lights and place platter on table and snuggle up and enjoy taking turns feeding each other.