1/1 Photo of Rose Petal Tea Cake
Dina Cohen's Note:
This tea cake is elegant and very simple to make. I used a basic pound cake recipe and added the rose petals, rose water and food coloring. The purist could use beet juice. This recipe makes quite a small cake but it certainly is enough considering how rich it is. You can reduce the amount of sugar in the cake to 1/2 cup and add a pink icing flavored with rose water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a small rectangle cake mold.
- 3Blend butter and sugar with your hands until fluffy. Then add flour little by little.
- 4Add rose petals, rose water, food coloring and eggs.
- 5Blend well until mixture is completely smooth.
- 6Pour dough into mold and bake for about 30 minutes or until edges start to be golden and tip of knife inserted comes out dry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose Petal Tea Cake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 199.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried rose petals
pink food coloring