Recipe by AdriMicina
A lovely and easy heart-shaped tart, perfect idea for Valentine's day or Mother's day, or any other romantic occasion
- 3 -4 organically grown roses, petals of
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 350 g puff pastry
- 150 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 -3 tablespoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 300 ml whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pat dry rose petals, brush them with slightly whipped egg white and coat them in sugar; spread on a sheet of greased paper and let dry completely.
- Preheat oven 200°C.
- Roll out puff pastry until very thin, put it in a heart-shaped buttered ovenproof dish (pan) leaving an outer edge of about 2 cm, fold the edge inward.
- Prick the bottom with a fork and put the dish in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Blind bake the pie shell in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip the yoghurt in a bowl with the egg yolk, rose water and the 2 tbsp sugar.
- Whip the cream and slowly fold it in the yoghurt mixture.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture in the puff pastry shell and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature and then chill until completely set.
- Decorate with rose petals and serve.
- (Variations: you can use flavoured yoghurt such as vanilla or coconut or pineapple use your fantasy!).