A lovely and easy heart-shaped tart, perfect idea for Valentine's day or Mother's day, or any other romantic occasion
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and pat dry rose petals, brush them with slightly whipped egg white and coat them in sugar; spread on a sheet of greased paper and let dry completely.
- 2Preheat oven 200°C.
- 3Roll out puff pastry until very thin, put it in a heart-shaped buttered ovenproof dish (pan) leaving an outer edge of about 2 cm, fold the edge inward.
- 4Prick the bottom with a fork and put the dish in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- 5Blind bake the pie shell in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile whip the yoghurt in a bowl with the egg yolk, rose water and the 2 tbsp sugar.
- 7Whip the cream and slowly fold it in the yoghurt mixture.
- 8Pour the yoghurt mixture in the puff pastry shell and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- 9Let it cool to room temperature and then chill until completely set.
- 10Decorate with rose petals and serve.
- 11(Variations: you can use flavoured yoghurt such as vanilla or coconut or pineapple use your fantasy!).
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rose Petal Tart
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.2
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 96.6 mg
- Sodium 173.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: