Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely jelly for scones.
- 1 cup fresh rose petals, fragrant and unsprayed
- 1 lemon
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 ounces dry pectin
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Cut off the white base on each petal as it adds bitterness.
- Juice lemon.
- Put petals, lemon juice, and 3/4 cup water in blender and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Put mixture in sauce pan and stir in pectin, 3/4 cup water and boil the mixture hard for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Put it all back in the cleaned blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into hot, sterile jars leaving 1/4- inch head space.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath, or freeze.